- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
1 In this Schedule—N.I.
“the appointed day” means the day appointed under section 6(4) for the coming into operation of section 4(1);
“the Board” means the Northern Ireland Tourist Board;
“the Department” means the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment;
“INI” means Invest Northern Ireland;
“the relevant functions” means the functions exercisable immediately before the appointed day by INI for the purposes of, or in connection with, providing financial assistance for the provision or improvement of tourist accommodation.
2—(1) The Department may make a scheme for the transfer to the Board on the appointed day of any assets or liabilities to which INI is entitled or subject immediately before that day for the purposes of, or in connection with, the relevant functions.N.I.
(2) Before making a scheme under this paragraph, the Department shall consult INI and the Board.
(3) Sub-paragraph (1)—
(a)has effect in relation to assets or liabilities to which it applies in spite of any provision (of whatever nature) which would prevent or restrict the transfer of the assets or liabilities otherwise than under that sub-paragraph; but
(b)does not apply to rights and liabilities under a contract of employment.
3—(1) The following sub-paragraphs apply in relation to assets and liabilities transferred by a scheme under paragraph 2.N.I.
(2) Unless the context otherwise requires, in any document any reference to INI shall, in relation to any time after the appointed day, be construed as a reference to the Board.
(3) The transfer does not affect the validity of anything done by, or in relation to, INI before the appointed day.
(4) Anything which before the appointed day was done by or in relation to INI shall, if in effect immediately before that date, continue to have effect to the same extent and subject to the same provisions as if it had been done by, or in relation to, the Board.
(5) Anything (including any legal proceedings) in the process of being done by or in relation to INI immediately before the appointed day may be continued by or in relation to the Board.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: