- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
19. (1) Each body to which this section applies must take such steps as it considers appropriate—
(a)to promulgate information about the health and social care for which it is responsible;
(b)to obtain information about—
(i)the needs of persons to whom that care is being or may be provided; and
(ii)the efficacy of that care;
(c)to encourage and assist persons to whom that care is being or may be provided—
(i)to avail of that care in an appropriate manner, having regard to the need to use resources in the most economic, efficient and effective way; and
(ii)to maintain and improve their own health and social well-being.
(2) In particular, each body to which this section applies must, before the end of the period of 9 months beginning with the day appointed for the coming into operation of this section, or, if later, the establishment of the body concerned—
(a)prepare a consultation scheme in accordance with section 20; and
(b)in the case of a health and social care body, submit the scheme to the Department.
(3) The Department may direct any health and social care body to which this section applies to submit a revised scheme to it.
(4) The Department may, after consulting the Patient and Client Council, approve a consultation scheme submitted to it under this section with or without amendments.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: