- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
56.—(1) The Department may by order make provision modifying the regulation of the profession of pharmaceutical chemist, so far as appears to it to be necessary or expedient for the purpose of securing or improving the regulation of that profession or the services which that profession provides or to which it contributes.
(2) Schedule 4 (which makes further provision about orders under this section) shall have effect.
57.—(1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), any regulations or orders made by the Department under this Act shall be subject to negative resolution.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to—
(a)an order under section 56;
(b)an order under section 58 which contains only provision for or in connection with the transfer of any property, rights or liabilities; or
(c)an order under section 61(2).
(3) Regulations or orders under this Act may contain—
(a)any supplementary, incidental or consequential provision;
(b)any transitory, transitional or saving provision,
which the Department considers necessary or expedient.
(4) Section 17(2) of the Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 (c. 33) shall apply to a direction given by the Department under this Act as if the direction were a statutory instrument.
58.—(1) The Department may by order make—
(a)such supplementary, incidental or consequential provision; or
(b)such transitory, transitional or saving provision,
as it considers necessary or expedient for the purposes of, in consequence of, or for giving full effect to, any provision of this Act.
(2) The provision which may be made under subsection (1) includes provision amending or repealing any statutory provision, instrument or document.
59.—(1) In this Act “the principal Order” means the Health and Personal Social Services (Northern Ireland) Order 1972 (NI 14).
(2) Except where any provision of this Act otherwise provides, any word or expression to which a meaning is assigned by Article 2(2) of the principal Order has the same meaning in this Act as in that Order.
60.—(1) In Article 8(1)(b) of the 1991 Order (health and social services contracts) for “(f) to (j)” there shall be substituted “(g) to (j)”.
(2) In Article 21(1) of that Order (indicative amount for doctors' practices) for “paragraphs (2) and (8)” there shall be substituted “paragraph (8)”.
(3) The statutory provisions specified in Schedule 5 are repealed to the extent specified in the second column of that Schedule.
61.—(1) This Act may be cited as the Health and Personal Social Services Act (Northern Ireland) 2001.
(2) Parts I to III, sections 56 and 60 and the Schedules to this Act shall come into operation on such day or days as the Department may by order appoint; but section 39 shall not be brought into operation by such an order before 1 April 2002.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: