Part VGeneral Provisions


Where under this Act any difference (other than a difference to which the provisions of the Lands Clauses Acts, as applied by this Act, apply) is to be referred to or settled by arbitration, then, unless otherwise provided, such difference shall be referred to and settled by a single arbitrator to be agreed between the parties or, failing agreement, to be appointed, on the application of either party (after notice in writing to the other), by the President of the Institution of Civil Engineers.