4.—(1) Paragraph 39 of Schedule 3 to the PDS Regulations (notification of a course of treatment, orthodontic course of treatment etc.) is amended as follows.
(2) In sub-paragraph (1)—
(a)in paragraph (e), omit the words “it completes”; and
(b)after paragraph (f), omit “, on a form supplied by the Local Health Board,”.
(3) For sub-paragraph (3)(d), substitute—
“(d)in the case of a patient who is exempt from NHS charges, such details of that exemption and the basis of that exemption as the Relevant Body may reasonably request.”
(4) After sub-paragraph (3), insert the following sub-paragraphs—
“(4) In the case of a patient to whom sub-paragraph (3)(d) applies, the contractor must also provide the Relevant Body (or a person authorised on the Relevant Body’s behalf) with the written declaration form.
(5) Before 1 May 2019 the contractor may send the information required in sub-paragraph (3) to the Relevant Body either in paper form or by means of electronic submission.
(6) On or after 1 May 2019 the contractor must send the information required in sub-paragraph (3) to the Relevant Body by means of electronic submission, but the Relevant Body may accept submission of that information in paper form—
(a)in such exceptional circumstances as the Relevant Body may reasonably determine; and
(b)in respect of courses of treatment ending on or before 30 April 2019, for a period ending with 30 June 2019.
(7) In this paragraph, “electronic submission” means information submitted electronically via a computer system approved by the Relevant Body.”