- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
14. (1) Before granting planning permission for development which, in their opinion, falls within a category set out in the Table in Schedule 4, a local planning authority must consult the authority, body or person mentioned in relation to that category, except where—
(a)the local planning authority are the authority, body or person so mentioned; or
(b)the authority, body or person so mentioned has advised the local planning authority that they do not wish to be consulted.
(2) The exception in paragraph (1)(b) does not apply where, in the opinion of the local planning authority, development falls within paragraph (x) of the Table in Schedule 4.
(3) The Welsh Ministers may give directions to a local planning authority requiring that authority to consult any person or body named in the directions, in any case or class of case specified in the directions.
(4) Where, by or under this article, a local planning authority are required to consult any person or body (“the consultee”) before granting planning permission—
(a)they must, unless an applicant has served a copy of an application for planning permission on the consultee, give notice of the application to the consultee; and
(b)they must not determine the application until at least 14 days after the date on which notice is given under sub-paragraph (a) or, if earlier, 14 days after the date of service of a copy of the application on the consultee by the applicant.
(5) The local planning authority must in determining the application take into account any representations received from a consultee.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: