- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5. (1) This regulation applies to displays in a bulk tobacconist.
(2) No offence is committed under section 7A(1) of the Act (prohibition of tobacco displays) by a display of tobacco products if—
(a)the display is—
(i)in a part of the shop (“the tobacco area”) (“y man tybaco”) containing tobacco products and smoking accessories only; and
(ii)not visible from outside of the tobacco area;
(b)a bilingual notice displaying the following statement is exhibited at the entrance to the tobacco area—
“Mae gwerthu cynhyrchion tybaco i unrhyw un sy'n iau na 18 oed yn erbyn y gyfraith / It is illegal to sell tobacco products to anyone under the age of 18”, and
(c)the shop is designed so that customers who wish to buy products other than tobacco products and smoking accessories are not required or encouraged to pass through the tobacco area.
(3) The dimensions of the notice to be exhibited in accordance with paragraph (2)(b) must be not less than 594 millimetres by 420 millimetres and the size of the statement to be displayed on the notice must be such that no character is less than 36 millimetres high.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: