- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Wales Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
43.—(1) An unattached teacher is entitled to appeal against an appraisal under these Regulations within 10 school days of receiving a copy of the appraisal statement under regulation 42(6).
(2) Where the appraiser is a teacher at a school the provisions of regulation 30(2) to (12) will apply, save that reference in those paragraphs to an appraisal statement will be references to a statement prepared under regulation 42(4) including for the purposes of regulations 31 and 32 any observations added by an appeals officer under paragraph (6)(a) of regulation 30.
(3) Where the authority is the appraiser any appeal will be made in writing to the authority in accordance with their appeals procedures applicable to all staff save as may be inconsistent with this regulation.
(4) The appeals officer must within 10 school days of receiving the appraisal statement under regulation 44(2)(b) conduct and conclude a review of the appraisal and must take account of any representations made by the unattached teacher.
(5) The appeals officer may—
(a)order the appraisal statement to stand with or without observations of the appeals officer; or
(b)with the agreement of the appraiser amend the appraisal statement; or
(c)order that the appraisal statement be expunged and order a new appraisal.
(6) Where a new appraisal is ordered under paragraph (5)(c), a new appraiser must be appointed in accordance with regulation 36 and the appeals officer must determine which appraisal procedures must be repeated.
(7) Where it appears to the appeals officer that there is no suitable school teacher at a school where the unattached teacher spends the predominant part of their working time to be a new appraiser who can be appointed for the unattached teacher, the appeals officer must appoint as a new appraiser for the unattached teacher a member of that school’s governing body (other than a governor who is a teacher or other member of staff) or any other person suitable to manage and review the unattached teacher’s performance.
(8) All appraisal procedures determined to be repeated under paragraph (6) must be completed within 15 school days from the date of the appeals officer’s order under paragraph (5)(c).
(9) The appeals officer may not—
(a)determine that new objectives be agreed or set; or
(b)determine that the objectives agreed or set under regulation 39(1) be revised.
(10) References in this regulation and in regulations 44 and 45 to an appraisal statement are references to a statement prepared under regulation 42(4), including, in the case of regulations 44 and 45, any observations added by an appeals officer under paragraph (5)(a).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: