- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
42.—(1) At or near the end of the appraisal cycle the appraiser and the unattached teacher must hold an appraisal review, with the object of—
(a)assessing the extent to which the unattached teacher has met the objectives recorded in the statement of objectives as set out in regulation 39(1), taking account of the record that the unattached teacher must keep in accordance with regulation 39(7);
(b)determining whether there has been successful overall performance as considered against the professional standards for school teachers as specified by the Welsh Ministers from time to time; and
(c)identifying the need for additional support, training or development and ways of meeting such needs also taking account of the record described in regulation 39(7).
(2) The date on which an appraisal review is to be held will be determined by the appraiser, but at least 10 school days notice (in writing) must be given to the unattached teacher of that date.
(3) The unattached teacher must, at least five school days before the appraisal review, submit to the appraiser the record maintained under regulation 39(7) and the record must be considered at the appraisal review.
(4) Within 10 school days after each appraisal review, the appraiser must prepare a written statement recording the main points made by the appraiser and the unattached teacher at the review and the conclusions reached, and there must be recorded in an annex to the statement (which will form part of the statement) the training and developmental needs and ways of meeting such needs identified at the review.
(5) An appraisal review under paragraph (1) may be combined with a meeting under regulation 39 in relation to the following appraisal cycle.
(6) The appraiser must give the unattached teacher a copy of the statement prepared under paragraph (4) within 10 school days after the appraisal review.
(7) The unattached teacher may, within 10 school days of receiving a copy of that statement add to it comments in writing, and such comments will form part of the appraisal statement.
(8) Where the appraiser is not the authority, the appraiser must send a copy of the appraisal statement to the authority and to the head teacher of any school at which the unattached teacher regularly spends part of their working time.
(9) Where the authority is the appraiser, the authority must send a copy of the appraisal statement to the head teacher of any school at which the unattached teacher regularly spends part of their working time.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: