- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
37. (1) Subject to the following provisions of this regulation the authority must determine the timing of the appraisal cycle for every unattached teacher employed by it.
(2) Except as provided for in paragraphs (3), (4) and (5) the length of an appraisal cycle is one year.
(3) In the case of the first appraisal cycle under these Regulations of an unattached teacher in post on the relevant date, the authority may determine that the length of the appraisal cycle is a period other than one year.
(4) In the case of the first appraisal cycle under these Regulations of an unattached teacher not in post on the relevant date, the authority may determine that the length of the first appraisal cycle is a period of less than one year.
(5) In the case of an unattached teacher employed under a contract of employment for a fixed term of less than one year, performance must be managed throughout the term of the contract and reviewed at the end of that term.
(6) The authority must take all reasonable steps to secure that the first appraisal cycle for every unattached teacher in post on the relevant date begins no later than 31 December 2012.
(7) Once begun, appraisal cycles for every unattached teacher will be continuous.
(8) The appointment of a new appraiser will not cause an unattached teacher’s appraisal cycle to begin again save as may be provided for in paragraph (9).
(9) Where an unattached teacher transfers to a new post within the authority part way through an appraisal cycle, the authority must determine whether the cycle is to begin again and if so whether to appoint a new appraiser.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: