- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Wales Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
2.—(1) The General Teaching Council for Wales (Disciplinary Functions) Regulations 2001(1) are amended as follows.
(2) Substitute the following for regulation 8—
“8.—(1) The Council must include on a Committee—
(a)one or more lay members; and
(b)one or more registered teacher members.
(2) The quorum for a meeting of a Committee is three members, including one lay member and one registered teacher member.
(3) A person who is a member of the Council must not be appointed as a member of a Committee.
(4) A person who is a member of the Investigating Committee investigating a case must not be appointed as a member of the Professional Conduct Committee or Professional Competence Committee which determine that case.
(5) Subject to paragraphs (1) to (4) and regulations 20 and 22, the Council may make such provision as they see fit as to—
(a)the membership of a Committee;
(b)the terms on which a Committee’s members are to hold and vacate office; and
(c)the procedure of a Committee.
(6) In this regulation—
(a)“lay member” (“aelod lleyg”) means a member of the Committee who is not—
(i)a registered teacher, or
(ii)employed, or engaged to provide services otherwise than under a contract of employment, as a teacher or been so employed or engaged within the period of 5 years ending with the date of that person’s appointment to the Committee,
and a lay member who becomes a registered teacher or who takes up a post or engagement as a teacher ceases to be regarded as a lay member;
(b)“registered teacher member” (“aelod sy'n athro neu'n athrawes gofrestredig”) means a member of the Committee who is—
(i)a registered teacher, and
(ii)employed, or engaged to provide services otherwise than under a contract of employment, as a teacher on the date of that person’s appointment to the Committee,
and a registered teacher member who ceases to be a registered teacher or who ceases to hold a post or engagement as a teacher ceases to be regarded as a registered teacher member.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: