- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2.—(1) The sale of tobacco(1) from an automatic machine is prohibited.
(2) The person who controls, or is concerned with the management of, the premises where the automatic machine is located will be liable for a breach of paragraph (1)(2).
(3) In this regulation “premises” (“mangre”) includes any place and any vehicle, vessel, hovercraft, stall or moveable structure.
“Tobacco” has the same meaning as in section 7 of the Children and Young Persons Act 1933 (c. 12).
In accordance with section 3A(3) of the Children and Young Persons (Protection from Tobacco) Act 1991, such person will be guilty of an offence if the prohibition in regulation 2(1) is breached. Pursuant to section 3A(4) of that Act a person guilty of an offence under section 3A(3) is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 4 on the standard scale.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: