Resolution of disputes
8. For section 14 of the Measure (Tribunal procedure), substitute—
“14 Resolution of disputes
(1) Schedule 17 to the Equality Act 2010 is amended in accordance with this section.
(2) After paragraph 6B (advice and information — Wales) insert—
“6C Resolution of disputes — Wales
(1) A local authority in Wales must make arrangements with a view to avoiding or resolving disagreements between responsible bodies and disabled children in its area about contraventions of Chapter 1 of Part 6.
(2) The arrangements must provide for the appointment of independent persons with the functions of facilitating the avoidance or resolution of such disagreements.
(3) In making the arrangements, the local authority must have regard to any guidance given by the Welsh Ministers.
(4) The arrangements must comply with any provisions made in regulations by the Welsh Ministers that relate to the arrangements.
(5) The local authority must take such steps as it considers appropriate for making the arrangements under sub-paragraph (1) known to—
(a)disabled children in its area,
(b)parents of disabled children in its area,
(c)head teachers and proprietors of schools in its area, and
(d)such other persons as it considers appropriate.
(6) The arrangements cannot affect the entitlement of any person to make a claim to the Tribunal, and the local authority must take such steps as it considers appropriate to make that fact known to disabled children, to parents of disabled children and to case friends for disabled children in its area.”.”.