- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10. For section 16 of the Measure (procedure for making regulations), substitute—
(1) Schedule 17 to the Equality Act 2010 is amended in accordance with this section.
(2) After paragraph 6D (independent advocacy services — Wales) insert—
“6E Power of direction — Wales
(1) If the Welsh Ministers are satisfied (whether on a complaint or otherwise) that a local authority—
(a)has acted, or is proposing to act, unreasonably in the discharge of a duty imposed by or under paragraph 6B, 6C or 6D, or
(b)has failed to discharge a duty imposed by or under any of those paragraphs,
they may give that local authority such directions as to the discharge of the duty as appear to them to be expedient.
(2) A direction may be given under sub-paragraph (1) even if the performance of the duty is contingent on the opinion of the local authority.
(3) A direction—
(a)may be varied or revoked by the Welsh Ministers;
(b)may be enforced, on the application of the Welsh Ministers, by a mandatory order obtained in accordance with section 31 of the Senior Courts Act 1981.”.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: