- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
49. (1) Where a tidal work is abandoned, or suffered to fall into decay, the Welsh Ministers may by notice in writing require the Commissioners at their own expense either to repair and restore the work or any part of it, or to remove the work and restore the site to its former condition, to such an extent and within such limits as the Welsh Ministers think proper.
(2) Where a work consisting partly of a tidal work and partly of works on or over land above the level of high water is abandoned or suffered to fall into decay and that part of the work on or over land above the level of high water is in such a condition as to interfere or to cause reasonable apprehension that it may interfere with the right of navigation or other public rights over the foreshore, the Welsh Ministers may include that part of the work, or any portion of it, in any notice under paragraph (1).
(3) If, on the expiration of 30 days from the date when a notice under this article is served upon the Commissioners, they have failed to comply with the requirements of the notice, the Welsh Ministers may execute the work specified in the notice and any expenditure incurred by them in doing so is recoverable from the Commissioners.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: