- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
46. (1) A tidal work must not be constructed, reconstructed, extended, altered, enlarged, replaced or re-laid except in accordance with plans and sections approved by the Welsh Ministers and subject to any conditions and restrictions imposed by them before the work is begun.
(2) If a tidal work is constructed, reconstructed, extended, altered, enlarged, replaced or re-laid in contravention of paragraph (1) or of any condition or restriction imposed under the said paragraph—
(a)the Welsh Ministers may by notice in writing require the Commissioners at their own expense to remove the tidal work or any part of it and restore the site to its former condition; and if, on the expiration of 30 days from the date when the notice is served upon the Commissioners, they have failed to comply with the requirements of the notice, the Welsh Ministers may execute the works specified in the notice; or
(b)if it appears to the Welsh Ministers urgently necessary so to do, the Welsh Ministers may remove the tidal work, or part of it, and restore the site to its former condition,
and any expenditure incurred by the Welsh Ministers in doing so is recoverable from the Commissioners.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: