- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Welsh Statutory Instruments
FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICES, WALES
24 February 2010
Laid before the National Assembly for Wales
1 March 2010
Coming into force
1 April 2010
The Welsh Ministers, in exercise of the powers conferred on them by sections 15(7), 50(1) and (3) of the Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009(1) hereby make the following Order:
1. (1) The title of this Order is The Fire and Rescue Authorities (Improvement Plans) (Wales) Order 2010 and it comes into force on the 1 April 2010.
(2) In this Order—
“the Measure” (“y Mesur”) means the Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009;
“financial year” (“blwyddyn ariannol”) means a period of 12 months beginning with 1 April; and
“improvement plan” (“cynllun gwella”) means a performance plan within the meaning of section 15(6) of the Measure.
(3) This Order applies only to Welsh improvement authorities that are fire and rescue authorities in Wales, constituted by a scheme under section 2 of the Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004(2) or a scheme to which section 4 of that Act applies.
2. Welsh improvement authorities must publish their improvement plan as soon as reasonably practicable after 30 September of the year prior to the financial year to which the improvement plan relates.
Minister for Social Justice and Local Government, one of the Welsh Ministers
24 February 2010
(This note is not part of the Order)
Part 1 of the Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009 imposes duties on local and other authorities to publish a plan (in this Order called an “improvement plan”) for discharging its duties under sections 2(1), 3(2) and 8(7) of the Measure for each financial year.
This Order specifies the date by which a fire and rescue authority’s improvement plan for a financial year must be published.
A regulatory impact assessment has been prepared in connection with this Order. A copy can be obtained from the Fire and Rescue Services Branch, Community Safety Division, Welsh Assembly Government, Rhydycar, Merthyr Tydfil CF48 1UZ (telephone 01685 729221).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: