- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
6.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2), the Corporation may delegate powers to—
(a)any committee established under article 5;
(b)the Chair or, in the Chair’s absence, the Vice-Chair; or
(2) The Corporation must not delegate the following—
(a)the determination of the educational character and mission of the institution;
(b)the approval of the annual estimates of income and expenditure;
(c)the responsibility for ensuring the solvency of the institution and the Corporation and the safeguarding of their assets;
(d)the appointment of a person to a senior post;
(e)the appointment of the Clerk, including where the Clerk is, or is to be appointed as a member of staff the Clerk’s appointment in the capacity of a member of staff; or
(f)the making of new articles of government in place of these Articles or the modification of these Articles under section 22(4) of the Further and Higher Education Act 1992(1).
(3) The Principal may, with the prior written approval of the Corporation, delegate to other members of staff any of the Principal’s functions, other than the management of budget.
(4) The Academic Board may delegate powers to any committee established under article 4(8).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: