- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. Notwithstanding the coming into force of section 10 of the Act, a bus strategy prepared by a local transport authority in accordance with section 110 of the 2000 Act (bus strategies) will continue to have effect as respects section 124(1)(a) of that Act (quality contracts schemes).
2. Notwithstanding the coming into force of section 64 of the Act, section 155 of the 2000 Act (penalties) will continue to apply in Wales without the amendments made by section 64 of the Act in respect of penalties imposed by a traffic commissioner against an operator of a local service where that traffic commissioner is satisfied that the operator had, before 1 April 2009 —
(a)failed to operate a local service registered under section 6 of the 1985 Act,
(b)operated a local service in contravention of that section or section 118(4) or 129(1)(b) of the 2000 Act, or
(c)failed to comply with section 138 or 140(3) of the 2000 Act.
3.—(1) Notwithstanding the coming into force of section 71 of the Act, any application which is made before 1 April 2009 and which seeks the consent of the Welsh Ministers under any of the provisions of the 1985 Act listed in sub-paragraph (2), but which has not been determined by that date, is to be dealt with as if that application had been made on a date on or after 1 April 2009.
(2) The provisions are—
(a)section 75(3) (subscription for, or acquisition or disposal of, certain shares, securities or other property or assets etc);
(b)section 79(3) (making or guaranteeing of certain loans);
(c)section 79(7) (guarantees etc in connection with disposals of certain shares, securities or other property or assets etc); and
(d)section 79(8) (provision of financial assistance by way of grants, loans, etc).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: