- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. (1) Save as provided in paragraphs (2) to (5), the provisions of the Measure specified in Schedule 2 to this Order, insofar as they are not already in force, come into force on 1 April 2010.
(2) Until 1 April 2011 the provisions specified in paragraph (3) continue to have effect, for the purpose referred to in paragraph (4), as if they had not been amended or repealed by the Measure.
(3) The provisions referred to in paragraph (2) are the following sections of the Local Government Act 1999—
(a)1(1)(k), (6) and (7) insofar as it relates to sections 10A, 11, 12A, 13A, 15 and 25 of that Act,
(d)29(1A) insofar as it relates to sections 10A, 12A, 13A, 15 and 25 of that Act, and
(e)29(2A) and (4).
(4) The purpose referred to in paragraph (2) is that of the Auditor General for Wales carrying out inspections of compliance by Welsh best value authorities with the requirements of Part 1 of the Local Government Act 1999 insofar as those requirements relate to the financial year 2009-2010.
(5) Sections 15 and 29(4) of the Local Government Act 1999 continue to have effect—
(a)(i)until 1 April 2011; or
(ii)until the expiry of any direction issued under section 15 before that date; or
(iii)until the withdrawal of any direction issued under section 15 before that date;
whichever is the latest; or
(b)where a direction has been issued under section 15 prior to 1 April 2011 (the “original direction”), in relation to any further direction issued prior to the expiry of the original direction to the same Welsh best value authority that was the subject of the original direction, until the expiry of that further direction.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: