- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
26.—(1) This regulation applies where a person is given a fixed penalty notice in respect of a fixed penalty offence.
(2) No proceedings for the offence may be commenced before the end of the period for payment of the penalty.
(3) No such proceedings may be commenced or continued if payment of the penalty is made before the end of that period or is accepted by the Permit Authority after that time.
(4) Payment of the discounted amount only counts for the purposes of paragraph (3) if it is made before the end of the period for payment of the discounted amount.
(5) In proceedings for the offence, a certificate which—
(a)purports to be signed by or on behalf of the person having financial responsibility for the permit scheme; and
(b)states that payment of an amount specified in the certificate was or was not received by a date so specified,
is evidence of the facts stated.
(6) The person having financial responsibility for the permit scheme is —
(a)where the Permit Authority is a single highway authority, the person having responsibility for the financial affairs of that authority; and
(b)where the Permit Authority is more than one highway authority, the person appointed by the participating authorities as being responsible for financial accounting in relation to the permit scheme.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: