- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Wales Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. The device must include a camera which is—
(a)securely mounted on a vehicle, a building, a post or other structure;
(b)mounted in such a position that vehicles in relation to which parking contraventions are being committed can be surveyed by it;
(c)connected by secure data links to a recording system; and
(d)capable of producing in one or more pictures, a legible image or images of the vehicle in relation to which a parking contravention was committed which show its registration mark and enough of its location to show the circumstances of the contravention.
2. The device must include a recording system in which—
(a)recordings are made automatically of the output from the camera or cameras surveying the vehicle and the place where a contravention is occurring;
(b)there is used a secure and reliable recording method that records at a minimum rate of 5 frames per second;
(c)each frame of all captured images is timed (in hours, minutes and seconds), dated and sequentially numbered automatically by means of a visual counter; and
(d)where the device does not occupy a fixed location, it records the location from which it is being operated.
3. The device and visual counter must —
(a)be synchronised with a suitable independent national standard clock; and
(b)be accurate within plus or minus 10 seconds over a 14-day period and re-synchronised to the suitably independent national standard clock at least once during that period.
4. Where the device includes a facility to print a still image, that image when printed must be endorsed with the time and date when the frame was captured and its unique number.
5. Where the device can record spoken words or other audio data simultaneously with visual images, the device must include a means of verifying that, in any recording produced by it, the sound track is correctly synchronised with the visual image.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: