- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4.—(1) The appointment requirements in regulation 3(4) and (5) are that a person—
(a)has appropriate experience or training or an appropriate combination of experience and training;
(b)is of integrity and good character; and
(c)will act independently of any person who
(i)requests that person to visit or interview the qualifying patient;
(ii)is professionally concerned with the medical treatment of the qualifying patient.
(2) In determining whether a person satisfies the appointment requirement in paragraph (1)(a) regard will be had to standards in guidance that may from time to time be issued by Welsh Ministers.
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (2) standards may include any qualification that Welsh Ministers may determine as appropriate.
(4) Before a determination is made for the purposes of paragraph (1)(b) in relation to any person, there must be obtained in respect of that person–
(a)an enhanced criminal record certificate issued pursuant to section 113B of the Police Act 1997(1); or
(b)if the purpose for which the certificate is required is not one prescribed under subsection (2) of that section, a criminal record certificate issued pursuant to section 113A of that Act.
(5) For the purposes of section 130A(5) a person is not professionally concerned with the qualifying patient’s medical treatment if he or she—
(a)is acting, or has acted, as an IMHA for the qualifying patient in accordance with section 130B of the Act; or
(b)is representing or supporting, or has represented or supported, the qualifying patient other than in accordance with section 130B but is not otherwise involved in the qualifying patient’s treatment.
(6) In this regulation a person is employed by the provider of advocacy services if that person is–
(a)employed under a contract of service; or
(b)engaged under a contract for services.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: