- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
34.—(1) As soon as practicable after the close of the poll, the presiding officer must, in the presence of the polling observers (if any), make up into separate packets, sealed with the presiding officer’s own seal and the seals of such polling observers as desire to affix their seals—
(a)each ballot box in use at the station, sealed so as to prevent the introduction of additional ballot papers and unopened, but with the key, if any, attached,
(b)the unused and spoilt ballot papers placed together,
(c)the tendered ballot papers,
(d)the marked copies of the register of electors (including any marked copy notices issued under section 13B(3B) or (3D) of the 1983 Act) and of the list of proxies,
(e)the lists prepared under rule 8 including the parts which were completed in accordance with rule 26(1)(b) (together referred to in these Rules as “the completed corresponding number lists”),
(f)the certificates as to employment on duty on the day of the poll,
(g)the tendered votes list, the list of voters and proxies with disabilities assisted by companions, the list of votes marked by the presiding officer, a statement of the number of voters and proxies whose votes are so marked by the presiding officer under the heads “disability” and “unable to read”, the list maintained under rule 32 (correction of errors on day of poll), and the declarations made by the companions of voters and proxies with disabilities,
and must deliver the packets or cause them to be delivered to the counting officer to be taken charge of by the counting officer; but if the packets are not delivered by the presiding officer personally to the counting officer, the arrangements for their delivery require the counting officer’s approval.
(2) The marked copies of the register of electors and of the list of proxies must be in one packet but must not be in the same packet as the completed corresponding number lists or the certificates as to employment on duty on the day of the poll.
(3) The packets must be accompanied by a statement (in these Rules referred to as “the ballot paper account”) made by the presiding officer showing the number of ballot papers entrusted to the presiding officer, and accounting for them under the heads of ballot papers issued and not otherwise accounted for, unused, spoilt and tendered ballot papers.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: