- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. (1) Subject to paragraph 3, a code of recommendations for the welfare of livestock issued under section 3 of the 1968 Act—
(a)has effect during the transitional period in relation to a farmed animal of the species to which the code relates as if the code had been issued under section 14 of the 2006 Act;
(b)may be revised in accordance with sections 14 and 16 of the 2006 Act; and
(c)may be revoked in accordance with section 17 of the 2006 Act.
(2) In paragraph 1(a), the transitional period for a code of recommendations means the period between the coming into force of this Order and the revocation of that code of recommendations under section 17 of the 2006 Act.
(3) A code of recommendations—
(a)applies to a farmed animal of a species to which that code relates whether or not the animal is on agricultural land as defined in section 8(1) of the 1968 Act; and
(b)does not include the “Code of Recommendations for the Welfare of Domestic Fowls”(1) which came into operation on 1 September 1987.
Available from the Office of the Chief Veterinary Officer, Welsh Assembly Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: