- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2.—(1) The Rural Development Programmes (Wales) Regulations 2006(1) are amended in accordance with this regulation.
(2) In regulation 2—
(a)in the definition of “beneficiary” in paragraph (1), after “assistance” insert “or a person who has taken over the commitments of such a person”,
(b)after paragraph (1), insert “(2) Any reference in these Regulations to a Community instrument is a reference to that instrument as amended from time to time.”.
(3) In regulation 3, after paragraph (2), insert—
“(3) The Welsh Ministers may enter into arrangements with a group which has been selected to implement a local development strategy in accordance with Article 37 of Commission Regulation 1974/2006, for that group to make payments of financial assistance on behalf of the Welsh Ministers and for that group to exercise powers of recovery in accordance with regulation 9”.
(4) In regulation 7(2), after paragraph (e) insert—
“(f)providing a control report in accordance with Article 13 of Commission Regulation 1975/2006; and
(g)determining whether there has been a non-compliance.”
(5) In regulation 7(3), after paragraph (e) insert—
“(f)if necessary for the purposes of paragraph (2)—
(i)inspect and count livestock on the land, and
(ii)require the applicant or beneficiary, or any employee, servant or agent of such beneficiary, to arrange for the collection, penning and securing of such livestock.”
(6) In regulation 14(3)—
(a)in sub-paragraph (b) after the words “for which aid is paid)” insert “and regulation 16 (5) (withholding and recovery of aid, termination and exclusion)”,
(b)delete sub-paragraph (c),
(c)in sub-paragraph (d), after “2006” delete “.” and insert “; and”,
(d)after sub-paragraph (d) insert—
“(e)regulation 16(6) (Assembly’s powers of recovery etc.) of the Farm Enterprise Grant and Farm Improvement Grant (Wales) Regulations 2001(2).”.
(7) Paragraph (6)(b) revives the provision referred to in regulation 14(3)(c) to the extent that the continued operation of that provision is saved by regulation 14(2).
(8) In paragraph 2 of the Schedule, for “1689” substitute “1698”.
(9) In the Schedule, after paragraph (7), add—
“8. Commission Regulation (EC) No. 1975/2006 of 23 December 2006 laying down detailed rules for the implementation of Council Regulation (EC) No. 1698/2005 as regards the implementation of control procedures as well as cross-compliance in respect of rural development support measures.
9. Commission Regulation (EC) No. 1974/2006 of 23 December 2006 laying down detailed rules for the application of Council Regulation (EC) No. 1698/2005 on support for rural development by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: