- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
32. In rule F2 (current service), for paragraphs (3) and (4), substitute—
“(3) A regular firefighter may, by written notice given to his employing authority within six months of returning to duty after a period of absence without pay (excluding absence for maternity, paternity or adoption leave), require them to reckon as pensionable service all or part of that period (the “reckonable period”).
(4) Where notice is given under paragraph (3), the firefighter shall, within 6 months of giving that notice, pay to the authority—
(a)the contributions (including any such additional or further contributions as are mentioned in rule G4) that he would have been liable to pay in respect of the reckonable period (in accordance with rule G2(1)) if he had been paid at his normal rate; and
(b)subject to paragraph (5), such amount as shall be notified to him by the authority as the amount that would have been payable by them, in accordance with rule G2(3), in respect of his service for that period if he had been paid at his normal rate.
(5) A fire and rescue authority may pay the amount notified under sub-paragraph (b) of paragraph (4); and where they do so, the requirements of that sub-paragraph shall cease to apply.
(6) Nothing in paragraph (3) requires a fire and rescue authority to reckon as pensionable service any reckonable period where—
(a)in a case to which paragraph (5) applies, the requirements of paragraph (4)(a) have not been met;
(b)in any other case, the requirements of paragraph (4)(a) and (b) have not been met.
(7) Any periods of pensionable service before and after any period of maternity or adoption leave in respect of which the person has the right to pay, but does not pay, contributions under rule G2A, shall be treated as continuous.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: