- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
15.—(1) Part 2 of those Regulations applies in relation to units as it applies in relation to schools referred to in regulation 9 with the following modifications.
(2) For regulation 10, there is substituted—
“(a)The local education authority must ensure that whenever there is a vacancy in the post of teacher in charge of the unit a person is appointed as acting teacher in charge in order to carry out the functions of the teacher in charge under any enactment.
(b)In determining whether a person is suitable for appointment as a teacher in charge, or an acting teacher in charge, of a unit, the local education authority must have regard to any guidance given from time to time by the National Assembly.”.
(3) Regulation 11 is omitted.
(4) For regulation 12, there is substituted—
“(a)In appointing a person to a post, or engaging a person otherwise to work, at a unit, the local education authority must have regard to any guidance given from time to time by the National Assembly.
(b)This regulation applies in relation to support staff posts and the work of support staff as it applies in relation to teaching posts and the work of teachers”.
(5) Regulation 13 is omitted.
(6) For regulation 14, there is substituted—
“In so far as it is reasonably practicable to do so, the local education authority must seek the advice of the teacher in charge of the unit, and must consider any advice given, before making any appointment or entering into any engagement under regulation 12.”.
(7) Regulations 15 and 17 to 19 are omitted.
(8) For regulation 16, there is substituted—
“(1) Both the local education authority and the teacher in charge of a unit have power to suspend any person employed, or engaged otherwise than under a contract of employment, to work at the school where, in the opinion of the authority or (as the case may be) the teacher in charge, suspension is required.
(2) A person who exercises the power to suspend must immediately inform the other person with the power to suspend under paragraph (1).
(3) A suspension under this regulation may be ended only by the local education authority and, when a suspension is ended, the authority must immediately inform the head teacher.
(4) In this regulation “suspend” means suspend without loss of emoluments.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: