- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) A contractor which provides domiciliary services or sedation services under the contract may only provide those services—
(a)to a person to whom it is providing an entire course of treatment, during that course of treatment; or
(b)as a referral service.
(2) A contractor may only provide advanced mandatory services under the contract as a referral service.
In this paragraph, “entire course of treatment” means a course of treatment provided by only the contractor.
2. (1) A contractor which provides one or more of the additional services specified in paragraph 1 as a referral service will, at the time of the first examination of the patient, ensure that the patient is provided with a referral treatment plan on a form supplied for that purpose by the Local Health Board which will specify—
(a)the name of the patient;
(b)the name of the contractor;
(c)the particulars of the places where the patient will receive the referral service to be provided to him or her by the contractor;
(d)the telephone number at which the contractor may be contacted during its normal surgery hours;
(e)details of the services which are at the date of that examination considered to be necessary for the contractor to provide having regard to the reason for the referral; and
(f)any proposals the contractor may have for private services as an alternative to the services proposed under the contract, including particulars of the cost to the patient if he or she were to accept the provision of private services.
(2) If the patient having considered the referral treatment plan provided in accordance with sub-paragraph (1), decides to accept the provision of private services in place of all or part of services under the contract, the contractor will ensure that the patient signs that plan in the appropriate place to indicate that he or she has understood the nature of private services to be provided and his or her acceptance of those private services.
(3) Where the services included in the referral treatment plan need to be varied for clinical reasons, the contractor will provide the patient with a revised referral treatment plan in accordance with sub-paragraph (1).
(4) The contractor will, subject to the termination of the contract, or being unable to complete a course of treatment in accordance with paragraph 6(5) or (6) of Schedule 3 (course of treatment), provide the services which are detailed in the referral treatment plan, or where a revised treatment plan is provided pursuant to sub-paragraph (3), pursuant to that revised treatment plan.
(5) This paragraph will not apply where a patient has been referred to the contractor for advanced mandatory services limited only to examination and advice, and the contractor only provides examination and advice in respect of that patient.
3. The contractor will provide sedation services to a patient in accordance with the recommendations contained in the report of the Standing Dental Advisory Committee entitled “Conscious Sedation in the Provision of Dental Care”(1), in so far as those recommendations and guidelines are relevant to—
(a)the type of sedation being administered; and
(b)the patient to whom the sedation is being administered.
The Standing Dental Advisory Committee is a statutory body established under section 6 of the Act. A copy of the Report can be obtained at ww.wales.gov.uk.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: