- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
28. (1) For the purposes of regulation 13(1) of the NHS Charges Regulations, paragraphs (2) to (4) will apply in respect of care and treatment provided under a pilot scheme agreement on or after 3 March 2006 as though it were a direction made in the PDS Directions and incorporated as a term of a pilot scheme agreement.
(2) At the first examination and assessment of a patient, a pilot dentist will provide the patient with a plan for treatment on a form supplied for that purpose by the Local Health Board.
(3) The form referred to in paragraph (2) will specify—
(a)the name of the patient;
(b)the name of the pilot dentist and the telephone number at which the dentist may be contacted in normal working hours;
(c)the name of the pilot scheme provider;
(d)details of the care and treatment, if any, which in the opinion of the pilot dentist, at the date of the relevant examination, is necessary to secure and maintain the oral health of the patient;
(e)particulars of the places where the patient will receive treatment;
(f)the approximate period following which a further examination is recommended by the pilot dentist;
(g)his or her estimate of the NHS Charge, if any, in respect of that care and treatment; and
(h)any proposals the pilot dentist may have for private care and treatment as an alternative to the care and treatment proposed under the pilot scheme agreement, including particulars of the cost to the patient.
(4) A pilot dentist will, where at any time during the continuing care and treatment of the patient—
(a)the treatment provided, in the opinion of the dentist, needs to be varied;
(b)the patient requests a new plan for treatment;
(c)the patient and the dentist have agreed that all or part of the treatment which is necessary to secure and maintain oral health is to be provided privately; or
(d)in the opinion of the dentist, additional care and treatment not included in the treatment plan, is necessary to secure and maintain the oral heath of the patient,
provide the patient, in the case of sub-paragraph (a) with a revised plan, or with a new plan for treatment which complies with the requirements of paragraph (3).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: