- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Wales Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
12.—(1) Where a Local Health Board is not satisfied that the prospective contractor has practice premises to be used for the provision of services under the contract that are—
(a)suitable premises for the delivery of those services; or
(b)sufficient to meet the reasonable needs of the contractor’s patients,
paragraph 12 of Schedule 3 to the GDS Contracts Regulations will apply as substituted by paragraph (2).
(2) For that paragraph 12 substitute the following—
12.—(1) The Local Health Board and prospective contractor will ensure that the contract includes a plan that—
(a) is drawn up and agreed by the Local Health Board and the prospective contractor; and
(i)the steps to be taken by the contractor to bring the practice premises up to the appropriate standard,
(ii)any financial support that may be available from the Local Health Board, and
(iii)the timescale on which the steps referred to in sub-paragraph (i) will be taken.
(2) Subject to the plan referred to in sub-paragraph (1), the contractor will ensure that the practice premises used for the provision of services under the contract are—
(a)suitable for the delivery of those services; and
(b)sufficient to meet the reasonable needs of the contractor’s patients.
(3) The obligation in sub-paragraph (2) includes providing proper and sufficient waiting-room accommodation for patients.
(4) The contractor will provide, in relation to all of the services to be provided under the contract, such other facilities and equipment as are necessary to enable it to perform those services properly.
(5) In this paragraph, “practice premises” includes a mobile surgery.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: