- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Wales Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
17.—(1) A person must not import any animal except at a border inspection post specified in Schedule 2 for that species of animal, except that animals specified in Schedule 1 to the Rabies (Importation of Dogs, Cats and Other Mammals) Order 1974(1) may also be imported at places permitted under that Order.
(2) If animals are imported at any place other than a place permitted under paragraph 17, an inspector may by notice require the person appearing to the inspector to be in charge of the consignment to detain and isolate the animals in accordance with the notice and the following provisions of this regulation will have effect.
(3) Following examination of the animals by a veterinary inspector, the veterinary inspector may serve a further notice on the person appearing to the veterinary inspector to be in charge of the consignment either releasing the animals from restriction or requiring the animals to be slaughtered or slaughtered and destroyed or re-exported outside the European Community.
(4) In the event of a notice served under paragraph (2) or (3) not being complied with, an inspector may seize the animal and arrange for the requirements of the notice to be complied with.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: