- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
18.—(1) The local authority must take all reasonable steps to resolve the complaint as soon as is reasonably practicable and subject to paragraph (2), within 10 working days beginning on the date the complaint was made.
(2) The period referred to in paragraph (1) may be extended upon request by the complainant or with the complainant’s agreement by up to a further 10 working days.
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1), the local authority may in any case where it would be appropriate to do so, and with the agreement of the complainant, make arrangements for conciliation, mediation or other assistance for the purposes of resolving the complaint.
(4) Where the complaint is resolved under paragraph (1), the local authority must confirm in writing to the complainant the agreed resolution.
(5) Where the complaint has not been resolved within 20 working days, the local authority must, as soon as practicable, notify the complainant in writing of:
(a)the complainant’s right to request that the complaint be formally considered;
(b)the procedure for requesting such further consideration; and
(c)the date by which such a request must be made having regard to the provisions of paragraph (6).
(6) The complainant may request orally or in writing that the complaint be formally considered under regulation 19 at any time within 30 working days of the date on which the complaint was first made.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: