- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Wales Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. The title of these Regulations is the Food Labelling (Amendment) (Wales) (No. 2) Regulations 2005; they apply in relation to Wales and come into force on 25 November 2005.
2. The Food Labelling Regulations 1996(1) shall be amended (in so far as they apply in relation to Wales) in accordance with regulations 3 to 7.
3. In regulation 2(1) (interpretation), in the definition of “Directive 2000/13”, for the words from “and Commission Directive 2002/67/EC” to the end there shall be substituted the words“, Commission Directive 2002/67/EC(2) on the labelling of foodstuffs containing quinine, and of foodstuffs containing caffeine and Commission Directive 2005/26/EC(3) establishing a list of food ingredients or substances provisionally excluded from Annex IIIa of Directive 2000/13/EC”.
4. In regulation 13(8)(c) (order of list of ingredients) there shall be inserted at the end the words “other than, until 25 November 2007, ingredients which originate from an allergenic ingredient and are listed in column 2 of Schedule 2A in relation to that allergenic ingredient”.
5. In regulation 34B (foods containing allergenic ingredients or ingredients originating from allergenic ingredients)—
(a)in paragraph (1) for the words “Subject to paragraph (2)” there shall be substituted the words “Subject to paragraphs (2) and (3)”;
(b)in paragraph (2)(b) there shall be inserted at the beginning the words “subject to paragraph (3) of this regulation,”;
(c)there shall be inserted at the end the following paragraph—
“(3) Paragraphs (1) and (2)(b) of this regulation shall not apply before 25th November 2007 as respects any ingredient which originates from an allergenic ingredient and is listed in column 2 of Schedule 2A in relation to that allergenic ingredient.”.
6. In regulation 50(12)(b)(iii) (transitional provision) there shall be inserted after the number “12” the words “(as read with regulation 5 of the Food Labelling (Amendment) (Wales) (No. 2) Regulations 2005)”.
7. After Schedule 2 (indications of treatment) there shall be inserted as Schedule 2A the contents of the Schedule to these Regulations.
Signed on behalf of the National Assembly for Wales under section 66(1) of the Government of Wales Act 1998(4).
The Presiding Officer of the National Assembly
11 October 2005
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: