- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6. (1) Where a registered adoption society(1) intends to cease to act or exist as such, it must transfer any section 56 information which it holds in relation to a person’s adoption—
(a)to another adoption agency having first obtained the approval of the registration authority for such transfer;
(b)to the local authority in whose area the society’s principal office is situated; or
(c)in the case of a society which amalgamates with another registered adoption society to form a new registered adoption society, to the new body.
(2) A registered adoption society that transfers its records to another adoption agency by virtue of paragraph (1) must, if its activities were principally based in the area of a single local authority, give written notification of the transfer to that authority.
(3) An adoption agency to which records are transferred by virtue of paragraph (1), shall notify the registration authority in writing of such a transfer.
see s.2(2) of the Act.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: