- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
47. (1) Any person who tips (discharges) hazardous waste (whether by way of disposal or storage) in or on any land must record and identify the waste in accordance with the following requirements of this regulation and regulation 51.
(2) A record must include either—
(a)a site plan marked with a grid, or
(b)a site plan with overlays on which the deposits of the tipped (discharged) waste are shown in relation to the contours of the site.
(3) Records made under this regulation are to be kept in a register.
(4) Deposits must be identified by reference to both—
(a)the relevant description and six digit code in the List of Wastes, together with a description of the composition of the waste; and
(b)the consignment note relating to such waste, save that where waste is disposed of within the curtilage of the premises at which it is produced the deposits must be described by reference to the quarterly return made to the Agency by the hazardous waste producer under regulation 53.
(5) A person who is required to compile or retain a register pursuant to this regulation must—
(a)update the register as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within 24 hours of the receipt, or deposit, as the case may be, of the waste;
(b)keep the register on the site where the tipping takes place; and
(c)retain the records—
(i)for three years after deposit of the waste; or
(ii)if he or she has a waste permit pursuant to which the site is operated, until that permit is surrendered or revoked.
(6) In reckoning any period of hours for the purposes of this regulation or regulation 48, only the days or hours of any business day are to be counted.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: