- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
26.—(1) This regulation applies whether notification is given by or on behalf of the producer or consignor.
(2) Notification of the relevant premises may be given in writing or by telephone.
(3) Notification may not without the consent of the Agency be given more than one month in advance of the effective time.
(4) The person giving notification must provide to the Agency the following information—
(a)his or her name and address and details of how he or she can be contacted, and where he or she is giving notification on behalf of another person, the name and address of that person and details of how that person can be contacted;
(b)the address of the premises being notified;
(c)the classification of the premises in accordance with the SIC; and
(d)such other information as the Agency may reasonably require in connection with its functions of monitoring the movement of hazardous waste, or carrying out inspections pursuant to regulation 56 of these Regulations or paragraph 13 of Schedule 4 to the 1994 Regulations.
(5) If there are any changes in the information provided pursuant to paragraph (4) during the period of notification, the premises are not to be treated as notified until the Agency have received the updated information such that the requirements of paragraph (4) are met.
(6) The Agency may prescribe a model format for notifications of premises in writing and, where for the time being a format is prescribed pursuant to this paragraph—
(a)the Agency must publish the model format on its website and in such other manner as it may consider appropriate for informing persons required to notify premises of its content; and
(b)the Agency is not obliged to consider any notification unless it is made in that model format, or in a format substantially to like effect.
(7) The person giving notification must pay to the Agency the relevant fee payable in respect of the notification of premises at the same time as giving notification (but no fees are payable in relation to information provided pursuant to paragraph (5)).
(8) The Agency must inform on request a person who is the holder of hazardous waste or who carries on the business of consigning or collecting hazardous waste whether any premises from which that person proposes to remove, cause to be removed or transport any hazardous waste, and if so, the particulars held by the Agency concerning the person who notified the premises and the effective time of notification.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: