- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Order is called Education Act 2002 (Commencement No.4 and Transitional Provisions) (Wales) Order 2004.
2. Provisions brought into force by this Order are brought into force only in relation to Wales (except in relation to section 198).
3. (1) In this Order “the 1998 Act” (“Deddf 1998”) means the School Standards and Framework Act 1998(1).
(2) In this Order, unless otherwise stated, references to sections and Schedules are references to sections of and Schedules to the Education Act 2002.
4. The day appointed for the coming into force of the provisions specified in Part 1 of the Schedule to this Order is 31st March 2004.
5. The day appointed for the coming into force of the provisions specified in Part 2 of the Schedule to this Order is 1st August 2004.
6. Despite the coming into force of section 154, the new paragraphs (aa) and (d) in subsection (1) of section 28 of the 1998 Act are not to apply where a local education authority in Wales have taken a decision before 31st March 2004 to establish a new maintained nursery school or to make a prescribed alteration to a maintained nursery school.
7. Despite the coming into force of paragraph 12(1), (3) to (5) of Schedule 4 amending section 98 of the 1998 Act, the amendments made by paragraph 12(3), (4) and (5) are not to apply to a school year earlier than the 2004 to 2005 school year in relation to the admission of a child to a maintained school for nursery education.
Signed on behalf of the National Assembly for Wales under section 66(1) of the Government of Wales Act 1998(2).
The Deputy Presiding Officer of the National Assembly
24th March 2004
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: