- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Wales Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
2. After regulation 8 (appeals), insert—
8A.—(1) Paragraphs (2) and (3) of this regulation apply where an electronic communication is used for the purpose of making an application—
(a)under regulation 3, for listed building consent or conservation area consent, or
(b)under regulation 4, for the variation or discharge of conditions attached to a listed building consent or conservation area consent.
(2) Paragraph (1) of regulation 3 or (as the case may be) of regulation 4 shall apply as if for the words “two further copies of the form,” there were substituted the words “any related”.
(3) The reference in paragraph (4) of regulation 3 to the date when the form and certificate were lodged with the local planning authority shall be construed as a reference to the date when the form and certificate are transmitted to the authority by means of the electronic communication; but where the communication is received outside the authority’s business hours, it shall be taken to have been received on the authority’s next working day.
(4) Where a local planning authority maintain a website for the purpose of advertisement of applications, regulation 5 applies with the modifications in paragraph (5) of this regulation.
(5) In regulation 5—
(a)for sub-paragraph (a) of paragraph (1), substitute—
“(a)publish in a local newspaper circulating in the locality in which the building is situated a notice indicating the nature of the works which are the subject of the application and—
(i)naming a place within the locality where a copy of the application, and of all plans and other documents submitted with it, will be open to inspection by the public at all reasonable hours during the period of 21 days beginning with the date of publication of the notice; and
(ii)stating the address of a website where a copy of the application, and of all plans and other documents submitted with it, will be open to inspection by the public during the period of 21 days beginning with the date of publication of the notice, and the place on the website where such documents may be accessed, and how they may be accessed; and”;
(b)in paragraph (2), omit “both of” in both places in which it occurs, and in sub-paragraph (a) after “sub-paragraph (a)” insert “(i) or (ii)”.
(6) Paragraph (7) of this regulation applies where a person uses electronic communications for any of the following purposes—
(a)making an application under regulation 3, for listed building consent or conservation area consent;
(b)making an application under regulation 4, for the variation or discharge of conditions attached to a listed building consent or conservation area consent;
(c)giving notice of appeal to the Secretary of State under regulation 8;
(d)making a claim under regulation 9 for compensation, or serving a listed building purchase notice under that regulation.
(7) In a case to which this paragraph applies, and except where a contrary intention appears, the person making the application or claim or giving or serving the notice shall be taken to have agreed—
(a)to the use of electronic communications for all purposes relating to his application, appeal, claim or notice (as the case may be) which are capable of being effected using such communications;
(b)that his address for the purpose of such communications is the address incorporated into, or otherwise logically associated with, his application, claim or notice;
(c)that his deemed agreement under this paragraph shall subsist until he gives notice in writing that he wishes to revoke the agreement (and such revocation shall take effect on a date specified by him but not less than seven days after the date on which the notice is given).”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: