- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
5.—(1) The undertaker may, for the purposes of the authorised works, enter upon so much of any street specified in columns (1) and (2) of Schedule 2 to this Order as is within the limits of deviation and may —
(a)place apparatus in that street;
(b)maintain apparatus in that street or change the position of such apparatus;
(c)improve the surface of Heol Caer Bont between points A and F shown on the works plan for the purpose of providing an access to construct and maintain the authorised works; and
(d)execute any works required for, or incidental to, the authorised works or any works referred to in sub-paragraphs (a), (b) and (c) (including, in particular, breaking up or opening the street, or any sewer, drain or tunnel under it, or tunnelling or boring under the street).
(2) In this article, “apparatus” has the same meaning as in Part III of the Street Works Act.
6.—(1) The undertaker may, during and for the purposes of the execution of the authorised works, temporarily stop up the streets specified in columns (1) and (2) of Schedule 2 to this Order to the extent specified by reference to the letters in column (3) to that Schedule and may for any reasonable time —
(a)divert the traffic from the street; and
(b)subject to paragraph (2), prevent all persons from passing along the street.
(2) The undertaker must provide reasonable access at all times for pedestrians going to or from premises abutting on a street affected by the exercise of the powers conferred by this article if there would otherwise be no such access.
(3) The undertaker must not exercise the powers of this article in relation to any street specified as mentioned in paragraph (1) without first consulting the street authority.
(4) The provisions of the Street Works Act mentioned in paragraph (5) and any regulations made, or code of practice issued or approved, under those provisions apply (with the necessary modifications) in relation to the stopping up, alteration or diversion of a street by the undertaker under the powers conferred by this article where no street works are executed in that street as they would apply if the stopping up, alteration or diversion were occasioned by street works executed in that street by the undertaker.
(5) The provisions of the Street Works Act referred to in paragraph (4) are —
(a)section 54 (advance notice of certain works);
(b)section 55 (notice of starting date of works);
(c)section 59 (general duty of street authority to co-ordinate works);
(d)section 60 (general duty of undertakers to co-operate);
(e)section 69 (works likely to affect other apparatus in the street);
(f)section 76 (liability for cost of temporary traffic regulation);
(g)section 77 (liability for cost of use of alternative route); and
(h)all such other provisions as apply for the purposes of the provisions mentioned above.
(6) Any person who suffers loss by the suspension of a private right of way under this article is entitled to compensation to be determined, in case of dispute, under Part I of the 1961 Act.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.