- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4.—(1) This regulation applies to a zoo in Wales which by virtue of the amendments made to the Act by the 2002 Regulations and these Regulations is required to be licensed under the Act but which immediately before 22 April 2003, was not required to be so licensed.
(2) Notwithstanding any such amendment, a person who immediately before 22 April 2003, was operating a zoo to which this regulation applies on any premises may continue to operate that zoo on those premises without a licence under the Act—
(a)during the period of 6 months beginning with that date; and
(b)if within that period application is made for a licence, until that application is finally disposed of or withdrawn.
(3) Section 16C of the Act does not apply to a zoo to which this regulation applies for so long as a person may by virtue of paragraph (2) continue to operate the zoo without a licence.
(4) If the licence is granted, it shall be granted for a period of four years beginning with the date on which the licence is granted.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: