- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
5.—(1) The authority must publish a draft plan by—
(a)sending (subject to paragraph (2)) a copy to—
(i)the governing body of each school maintained by the authority;
(ii)the Diocesan Director of Education of every diocese of the Church in Wales, where the whole or any part of the area of the diocese falls within the authority’s area;
(iii)the Diocesan Director of Education of every diocese of the Roman Catholic Church, where the whole or any part of the area of the diocese falls within the authority’s area;
(iv)the Council for Mission and Ministry of the Church in Wales;
(v)the Qualifications, Curriculum and Assessment Authority for Wales;
(vi)the Welsh Joint Education Committee;
(vii)the Welsh Language Board;
(viii)the National Council for Education and Training for Wales;
(ix)the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales;
(x)the Community Consortium for Education and Training, or such other body representing local providers of education and training for persons over compulsory school age, in the authority’s area; and
(xi)the National Assembly for Wales; and
(b)depositing a copy in such public libraries in the area of the authority as they consider appropriate.
(2) Sub-paragraph (1)(a)(i) is not to apply in relation to the governing body of any school if the authority publishes the draft plan on the Internet on the authority’s web-site and the school has facilities which enable access to be gained to the Internet.
(3) The first draft plan after the coming into force of these Regulations must be published on or before 31st December 2003.
(4) The authority must prepare and publish further draft plans on or before 31st December 2006 and on or before 31st December in every third year thereafter.
(5) The authority must prepare and publish an additional draft plan in any year in which they are not required to publish a draft plan under paragraph (4) if there has been any change of policy or local circumstances relating to the provision of primary or secondary education since the last plan was prepared.
(6) Before publishing a draft plan the authority must consult such persons as appear to them to be appropriate.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: