- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
8. The occupier of the premises shall give all reasonable assistance to a veterinary inspector so as to ensure that poultry and such other birds as the veterinary inspector may require on the premises are killed there without delay and that carcases and eggs are destroyed in such a way as will minimise the risk of spreading disease, in accordance with directions given by a veterinary inspector.
9. The occupier of the premises shall ensure that all other material which may be contaminated is destroyed or treated in such a way as to destroy the disease, in accordance with directions given by a veterinary inspector.
10. The occupier of the premises shall give all reasonable assistance to a veterinary inspector so as to ensure that —
(a)meat of all poultry slaughtered during the presumed incubation period,
(b)eggs laid during the presumed incubation period, and
(c)meat and eggs which are otherwise likely to be contaminated with the disease virus,
are traced and destroyed, except that table eggs need not be destroyed if they have previously been disinfected.
11. The buildings used for housing poultry, their surroundings, the vehicles used for transport and all equipment likely to be contaminated shall, under the supervision of an inspector, be subject to preliminary and final cleaning and disinfecting in accordance with Annex II of Council Directive 92/40/EEC or Annex II of Council Directive 92/66/EEC as the case may be and to the satisfaction of a veterinary inspector. The occupier of the premises shall not restock the premises until at least 21 days after completion of the cleaning and disinfection.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: