- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Wales Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. This Order is called Education Act 2002 (Commencement No. 1) (Wales) Order 2002.
2. This Order applies only in relation to Wales except in relation to—
sections 191 to 196 and Schedule 18,
paragraphs 5(1) to (4), (6) and 6 to 8 of Schedule 17 and section 189 so far as relating to those paragraphs,
Part 2 of Schedule 22 and section 215(2) so far as relating to that Part.
3. In this Order, unless otherwise stated, references to Parts, sections and Schedules are references to Parts and sections of and Schedules to the Education Act 2002.
4. The day appointed for the coming into force of the provisions specified in Part I of the Schedule to this Order is 19th December 2002.
5. The day appointed for the coming into force of the provisions specified in Part II of the Schedule to this Order is 31st March 2003.
6. The day appointed for the coming into force of the provisions specified in Part III of the Schedule to this Order is 1st September 2003.
7. Despite the coming into force of section 49, and without prejudice to section 16(1) (c) of the Interpretation Act 1978(1), sections 86(3) (b) and 91 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998(2) (special arrangements to preserve religious character of foundation or voluntary aided school) are to continue to have effect in relation to a maintained school’s admission arrangements for any school year earlier than 2004 to 2005.
Signed on behalf of the National Assembly for Wales under section 66(1) of the Government of Wales Act 1998(3).
The Presiding Officer of the Assembly
18th December 2002
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: