- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
20. (1) An inspector who knows or suspects that animals or animal products are intended for dispatch and do not comply with the requirements of these Regulations may serve a notice on the person in charge of the consignment prohibiting the dispatch of the animals or products in the consignment until the inspector is satisfied that the animals or products comply with the Regulations.
(2) No person shall dispatch anything subject to a notice served under this regulation unless it has been revoked.
(3) A notice under this section shall be in writing, may be subject to conditions and may be amended or revoked by further notice in writing at any time.
(4) Animals imported in contravention of these Regulations shall be dealt with as specified in regulation 13 of the Animals and Animal Products (Import and Export) (England and Wales) Regulations 2000(1).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: