- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order amends, as regards Wales, the Foot-and-Mouth Disease Order 1983 (S.I. 1983/1950), as last amended as regards Wales by S.I. 2001/3145 (W.260)) (“the 1983 Order”). It comes into force on the 19th November.
The principal amendments made to the 1983 Order are as follows—
(1) new articles 27A and 37CC are inserted to require the licensing of ultra sound scanning of sheep in infected and controlled areas (articles 2(4) and (10));
(2) article 29A is amended to allow falconry to take place under permit in infected areas (article 2(5));
(3) article 29B is replaced so as to permit the use of premises as a collecting centre in an infected area, under licence issued by an inspector of the local authority in accordance with the advice of the Chief Veterinary Officer (article 2(6));
(4) article 29C is amended so as to provide that premises subject to requirements and prohibitions imposed under notices served under articles 5 and 13 of the 1983 Order (respectively Form A and Form D notices) continue to be subject to such requirements and prohibitions in place of any which would otherwise apply by virtue of article 29D(3) of the 1983 Order on the declaration, under Part IIIA of that Order, of a restricted infected area encompassing those premises (article 2(7)); and
(5) article 36(2) is replaced so as to allow the occupier of any land in a controlled area or a group of not more than three persons who are authorised by that occupier or are members of his household to use dogs in connection with the killing on that land of any fox, hare, mink or rabbit found thereon (article 2(9)).
A regulatory appraisal has not been prepared for this Order.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: