- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Wales Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
9.—(1) When laying hens do not appear to be in good health or show behavioural changes, steps shall be taken to establish the cause appropriate remedial action is taken.
(2) Where remedial action is required to be taken under sub-paragraph (1) above, consideration shall be given to the following types of action —
(d)correction of environmental factors; and
(e)any other form of remedial action which might be necessary.
(3) If the cause of the health or behavioural problems referred to in sub-paragraph (1) above is traced to an environmental factor in the production unit which it is not essential to remedy immediately, remedial action shall be taken as soon as practicable and in any event when the accommodation is next emptied and before the next batch of laying hens is put in.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: