- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
2. (1) Subject to sub-paragraph (3), all animals kept in husbandry systems in which their welfare depends on frequent human attention shall be thoroughly inspected at least once a day to check that they are in a state of well-being.
(2) Subject to sub-paragraph (3), animals kept in systems other than husbandry systems in which their welfare depends on frequent human attention shall be inspected at intervals sufficient to avoid any suffering.
(3) Notwithstanding sub-paragraphs (1) and (2), in the following cases, it shall be sufficient for the purposes of this paragraph to comply with the following specific provisions —
(a)in the case of laying hens kept in battery cages, paragraph 7 of Schedule 2;
(b)in the case of calves, paragraphs 3 and 4 of Schedule 4; and
(c)in the case of pigs, paragraph 2 of Schedule 6.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: