- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5. (1) Subject to paragraph (2), a function of any of the descriptions specified in column (1) of Schedule 4 (which, but for this paragraph, might be the responsibility of an executive of the authority), shall not be the responsibility of such an executive in the circumstances specified in column (2) in relation to that function.
(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply in relation to the discharge of a function of the description specified in paragraph 3 of column (1) of Schedule 4 where—
(a)the circumstances which render necessary the making of the determination may reasonably be regarded as urgent; and
(b)the individual or body by whom the determination is to be made has obtained from the chairman of a relevant overview and scrutiny committee or, if there is no such person, or if the chairman of every relevant overview and scrutiny committee is unable or unwilling to act, from the chairman of the authority or, in that person’s absence, from the vice-chairman, a statement in writing that the determination needs to be made as a matter of urgency.
(3) In paragraph (2) “relevant overview and scrutiny committee” means an overview and scrutiny committee of the authority concerned whose terms of reference include the power to review or scrutinise decisions or other action taken in the discharge of the function to which the determination relates.
(4) The individual or body by whom a determination is made pursuant to paragraph (2) shall, as soon as reasonably practicable after the making of the determination, submit to the authority a report which shall include particulars of—
(b)the emergency or other circumstances in which it was made; and
(c)the reasons for the determination.
(5) Section 101 of the 1972 Act shall not apply with respect to the discharge of a function referred to in paragraph (1) which, by virtue of that paragraph, is not the responsibility of an executive of the authority.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: