- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10.—(1) Where an Investigating Committee decide to carry out an investigation in relation to a registered teacher, they shall at such stage in the investigation as they consider appropriate—
(a)inform the teacher of the nature of the allegation or case against him or her, and of his or her rights under regulation 12;
(b)afford the teacher an opportunity to submit evidence and make written representations; and
(c)consider such evidence and representations and any other evidence and material available to them.
(2) An Investigating Committee may decide to discontinue an investigation at any time before a case is referred for determination by a Professional Conduct Committee or a Professional Competence Committee.
(3) When their investigation is complete the Investigating Committee shall take one of the following steps—
(a)refer the case for determination by a Professional Conduct Committee;
(b)refer the case for determination by a Professional Competence Committee;
(c)discontinue the case.
(4) Where an Investigating Committee decide to discontinue an investigation or a case they shall inform the registered teacher concerned, and when they do so they shall at the same time inform the teacher if they decided that he or she had no case to answer.
(5) Where an Investigating Committee decide that a registered teacher has no case to answer, they shall at his or her request publish a statement to that effect.
(6) The Council may make such other provision as to the procedure to be followed by an Investigating Committee in connection with their investigations and other proceedings as they see fit, and may from time to time revise any rules of procedure made under this paragraph.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: